[Gpdd] Behavior-rump scratching-Rachel H.

Folly Farm lfolly at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 17 16:13:40 EDT 2006

Hi Rachel,

Two of my guinea pigs (Keely & Genevyeve) go crazy, too when you scratch their rumps.  Like you said it's like the dog thing with the leg shake.
Keely even dashes her head from side to side and softly bites whatever is in front of her.  She will come up to me during floor time repeatedly and
turn around so her rump is facing me until I scratch it.  I've checked, and the vet has checked her for cooties, but there aren't any.
I'm not a vet, but I don't think what our piggies have is a skin infection.  I think they like to be scratched.  About the bath thing, my pigs always look
a little fluffier right afterward.

Here is a link to a great website. It's got tons of information on anything you might have a question about.  This particular page is
about what what's normal and what's not.   http://www.guinealynx.info/normal.html    The whole website is great and even has printable health records
and weight charts!

Lisa Stanley & the San Diego Herd
Brody, Keely, Shayla, Genevyeve, Bronwyn & Delaney