[Gpdd] [GPDD] Health - Spinach update

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 17 13:55:50 EDT 2006

There's another story today on CNN.com about the
  spinach problem, might be worth looking at.
   http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1535476,00.html?cnn=yes
  "How Ready-to-Eat Spinach Is Only Part of the ...Problem  A food safety expert says it likely came from processing the                           produce right in the fields, a practice that's become much                                         more common"

  So it's not just spinach that's at risk, and we need to stay
  informed and let these companies know how we feel about
  it to keep them responsible.
  One thing I did find interesting in the article, that apparently
  this spinach is safe if it's cooked. That would eliminate it's
  being wasted, but I'll bet there's none of it left now to cook!
  Another good reason to raise our own, if we're able!
  Susi & the OP's
  Snowy suggest all pigs have their own fine
  gardens that they can stroll through at
  their leisure, in between naps.