[Gpdd] MISC - Care

Horsesaavy82 at aol.com Horsesaavy82 at aol.com
Sun Sep 17 22:20:30 EDT 2006

I have a question about weaning baby piglets. Oreo is exactly three  weeks
old today. I researched the age to wean, and most sites said that three  weeks
was good, four if the babies seemed liked they needed extra nurishment.  Oreo
is growing fast, and was eating hay, pellets and drinking water. And...he
started mounting his momma and displaying mating behavior. So I put him in his
own cage. He is eating and drinking, but he is absolutly screaming, and it
breaks my heart. I have the cages right next to each other, and mommy Ming Ming
is doing fine. I am just worried about Oreo because I have never heard a guinea
 pig make noises like that, he sounds like a piggie car- alarm. I have tried
talking to him camly, and still holding him and giving him extra cuddles, but
 even then he still cries. How long does it take for him to get over loosing
his  mom? I thought about adopting a friend for him too, as my sister fell in
love  with his father pig. I just don't want to reproduce any more babies. And
it  breaks my heart to hear him so sad. Any advice is appreciated!

  It also breaks my heart to hear of all the piggies crossing over the
bridge lately. Our prayers are with you all.