[Gpdd] <health> regarding Charlotte's lump

lost nvegas lostnvegas68 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 17 22:28:19 EDT 2006

Katie,
  My Alf had a lump near his mouth this summer. When I took him to a vet he said it was an abscess. This can be caused from a scratch in the mouth from food or whatever that had gotten infected. I almost waited until I got back to Las Vegas to get it looked at but the vet said if you wait to long the infection could get into his system and could''ve killed him. All he did was shave the area, put anticeptic on it and then lanced it. After cleaning it out, he told me to put a warm compress on it a couple of times a day (to keep the wound open to drain) to get the infection and stuff out and he would be fine. He had a smaller hard lump there for a couple of weeks and now he is fine.....from what I understand, it is not something to mess with. Our babies are fragile...........