[Gpdd] MISC-Chambersburg PA rescue update

Carol reetpigs at excite.com
Mon Sep 18 19:52:23 EDT 2006

Well, 11 of the original 14 piggies were at the Cumberland shelter when my husband got there today. He literally shamed them into lowering the price a bit, packed them all up, and brought them over to the no-kill rescue place.  One is definately pregnant; one male is very aggressive and tore some ear bits off of another - and the shelter didn't even separate them!  The person at the Greener Pastures had several roomy pens set up - no wire at all - and even went out and bought some oranges, etc. to make sure they had goodies on arrival.

I am still asking where I work - selectively - as to whether or not someone would be interested in adopting one/a pair.  So far, one person may and I do know that the pig or piggies would be very lucky to live with her.

Thank you to the Florida person who is going to send a donation and thank you Susi for passing along the information to the other guinea pig forum.  As the person at the no-kill rescue place said "They are so darn cute - how could you NOT just love them?"

Please continue to direct any inquiries to me at reetpigs at excite.com.  A hopeful mission would be to find every pig a wonderful home!

wheeeeeeek,

Carol and Pat, slaves to: Marachuka, Machukui, and Mamapacha - piggies; Europa and Oxford - bunnies; and Kaitlynn - dog.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com