[Gpdd] HEALTH Re Spikeys Teeth

Carole Appleby guinea_pig_8 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 19 15:35:50 EDT 2006

Hello, Thankyou so much everyone that wrote to me so quick. Im affraid
things are not alot better.

I took spikey back to the vet Mon morn. I said i wanted an xray done in case
it was his jaw. He was

drooling alot and his jaw is open. Sandi it sounds like you described your
Bertie boy the mouth seems difficult to chew or bite. My vet is very good
she did the tests and every thing is normal.

She is completely baffled. She kept him in all day and gave him 12 syringes
of critical care, i couldnt beleive it. I took him home ,ive got metcam for
him and the food. BUT I CANT DO IT. I feel such a fool. Ive tried wrapping
him in a towel, ive got my husband to help. We get more on me than in his
mouth.
       I only managed 2. I know how you feel Alge its so frustrating. The
only thing i can think of is to take him back to the vets and leave him
there and let them do it.
          I put some apple not skin in his mouth and he chewed and chewed
the it fell out and it was the same as it was no teeth marks. Well bye for
now Carole x