[Gpdd] health. Re: Guinea pig lice.

adcavy at aol.com adcavy at aol.com
Wed Sep 20 07:02:43 EDT 2006

 Greetings Slaves,

I have just read Vic's posting about Ivermectin and lice. Yes, Vic you
are right about this. According to The CCT and the late and much missed
Peter Gurney, Ivermectin has no effect on lice as they don't bite into
or suck from the skin of their host like mites and fleas do.

For the past 20 years I have used either Seleen Dog Shampoo ( this
kills parasites and helps against scurffing or fungal infections of the
skin), Prioderm or Derbac headlice shampoo for children or Selsun
Shampoo as recommended by the above. They have all worked for me and I
have never had any problems with side effects. I live in England so I
don't know the names of the American equivalents. Perhaps some other
slaves could post the names of the shampoos they use and what they use
them for.

Please add Antoinette and the Magic 56 to the roll call. They are a
mixture of 31 rescue or unwanted pigs and 25 home bred ones. We live in
Essex, England.

Would the slave who emailed me off-digest about raspberry leaf tablets
please contact me as I deleted her email by accident?

Best Wishes to all slaves,

Antoinette and the Magic 60.