[Gpdd] [CARE] brushing

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Sep 20 04:54:59 EDT 2006

Hi Kathy and Ebony.

All of my piggies get brushed regularly. I use a soft bristled brush which I
bought from the pet shop. It is really for cats but the piggies don't know
that.

I also have a special cavy brush which I bought years ago from the Winking
Cavy on-line store. I've just looked them up and they still sell them
(www.winking-cavy.co.uk). I use this one after the big brush to finish off.
This brush is very gentle to use and is ideal for fidgety piggies.

If Ebony has a long coat he/she will need extra brushing to avoid mats.

You'll get covered in hair too! There may be brushes that hold onto the hair
but I've never seen one here in England. Maybe another digester will prove
me wrong.

All of the Piggyfriends have baths. I use the wonderful Vet-Sect shampoo,
whose virtues I am always praising!! I don't know where in the world you
live, but I'm sure your pet shop will have something suitable for small
furries.

Shampooing them removes loads of loose hair and bits of hay etc. and leaves
them all squeaky clean. I towel dry them and then finish off with a
hairdryer on a low setting. When they are dry they get brushed to tidy them
up ( especially the long coated ones.)

Hope this helps.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.