[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Too Many Chew Biscuits?

Anderson, Jocelyn M jocelynm at umich.edu
Thu Sep 21 13:27:14 EDT 2006

Hi People and Piggies,

            My two piggies Little John and Fireball have been eating a
ton of chew biscuits lately. Usually they eat about 6 in a week,
sometimes ignoring them for days, but lately they've been eating around
six a day (not per pig, total)! I will put two in each of their food
bowls in the morning, and when I get home they'll be gone. I'll put more
in, and in a couple of hours those will be gone, too.  The chew biscuits
help to keep their teeth down, but I'm worried I'm giving them too much.
They are eating plenty of hay and pellets, and water drinking seems
normal. Should I keep giving them more, or should I cut back?

            Thanks for any help!

Jocelyn (~..~)