[Gpdd] Health: Aggressive behaviour

Martha Coburn marthac at cogeco.ca
Thu Sep 21 15:11:47 EDT 2006

Hi All

I'd really appreciate some insight into my current situation. Sally has been
sick and the vet said to keep her separate so that her input and outputs
could be monitored. I've done this but I have also put Sally back with the
other 3 piggies for visits. This seemed to go well but in the last 2 weeks
Sally has been attacking the others quite vehemently. The time frame seems
to vary on how long it will take before she goes after the others. A couple
of examples: One time she was with them for 3 hours and everyone was happy
and for no apparent reason she then went after Poppy. Another time she was
only in for 20 minutes and she attacked Miss Otis. This last one has me very
perplexed as Sally took Miss Otis under her wing when she first came here
after being rescued from being abused by another piggie (who pulled out all
her hair). I'd really appreciate some suggestions. I'm set up for them all
to live together which they have done for over a year. I really want to get
Sally back with the herd as I'm not set up for long term separation. Please
help!

All the best,

Martha