[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE - Piggy Roll Call

Bella Reich zellabizzy at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 22 14:36:11 EDT 2006

I was referred to this digest several months ago by friends who are former
guinea pig owners.  I have been "lurking" on the outside and have enjoyed
getting so much wonderful and varied information from everyone.  I have
owned guinea pigs for about 14 years now and thought I "knew it all" until I
started reading the postings in this digest.  I have learned so much and
even bought a book recently on diseases of domestic guinea pigs from
Amazon.com that was recommended by another member.

My roll call is...one male guinea pig, Vito Lee (who will probably be a year
old sometime in December) and one "slave master"...Bella.  My guinea pig
history is as follows (all pigs were bought at local pet stores (yeah...I
know!) as small babies...between 6 - 8 weeks usually.  (1) Chocolate: lived
for 2 years.  (2) Parker:lived for 7 1/2 years.  (3) Peter Lee:lived for 4
years.  (4) Vito Lee:present baby.  The first 3 were bought as companions
for my son (now almost 22) but I was the primary caretaker.  Vito Lee is
exclusively mine!

I look forward to reading many more great digest postings from everyone!

Bella...slave mom to Vito Lee