[Gpdd] Health update on Spikey

Carole Appleby guinea_pig_8 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 24 17:40:12 EDT 2006

Hi everyone, its been a tramatic weekend, ive been having a lot of tears.
When i picked Spikey up from the vets Friday, she said he still wasnt eating
for himself. He has lost over 100 grms in weight.
She said over 15 per sent of his body fat. She also said if he wasnt eating
by Tues i should have him put to sleep. He keeps trying to eat but he cant
grasp his food because he has a broken bottom one and he cant get it in.
Every day he is still alert still running about. I am getting better at
syringe feeding. I gave him 6 syringes today. And i read on guinea lyncx
that you can put bits of veg in his mouth behind the front teeth, so ive
been trying to do that as well.
        I just need to feed him until his tooth grows enough to eat again. I
cant have him put to sleep. I just hope he can last long enough.
                               Thank You to everyone who has emailed me, and
i think Birdie is doing a great job with the roll call. It is interesting to
know. From Carole x