[Gpdd] Announcement - Midnight is a winner !!

Ricthecollector at aol.com Ricthecollector at aol.com
Mon Sep 25 09:11:53 EDT 2006

>From _ricthecollector at aol.com_ (mailto:ricthecollector at aol.com)
Subject [Gpdd]
ANNOUNCEMENT - Midnight has won the Pet Star of the Year contest

     Hi, everyone -- Just a note to let everyone  know that our Midnight, who
is three, won the Pet Star Contest  Saturday sponsored by the Bucks County
(PA) Courier - Times and  Newspapers In Education.  He campaigned very hard and
beat out 8 dogs and a  cat in the finals. Exhausted but happy, Midnight said
he was "speechless" when  told of winning the top honor that carried with it a
plaque and a $500 gift  basket, which included a $250 Pet Smart gift
certificate.  In case you  didn't see the original posting, Midnight is one of 7
piggies -- 6  boys and a girl - with whom we share a home.  He's a literacy pig --
going  into my wife's kindergarten classroom to help the kids with reading, the
pledge,  etc.  So appropriate that he's raising funds to promote literacy
through  newspapers. Midnight raised over $1,500 throughout the stages of the
contest.   NIE distributes newspapers to schools free of charge for  teachers to
use with their kids in the classroom.

Take care and thanks for all the good luck e-mails prior to the  contest.

                                                 Bye for now, says Midnight &
Ric his dad.