[Gpdd] Health. Re: Nose infection

adcavy at aol.com adcavy at aol.com
Tue Sep 26 04:55:52 EDT 2006

Hi Slaves,

Just read Glynis's posting about the nose infection in her pig. We use
Dermisol cream ( available from vets and some pharmacies ) for sore
spots. We also use Kamillosan cream made with natural ingredients. This
is used by nursing mothers for sore and cracked nipples while
breastfeeding.

Sometimes pigs get a fungal scab or line on the nose. We treat this
with Canestan cream for thrush in women. Both recommended by the great
Peter Gurney. We have been using these treatments for years with
complete confidence and( thanks to Peter ) success.

Peter always advised against using branded or store labelled dandruff
shampoos as in some pigs it can cause more problems than it cures.
Years ago he suggested  use Nizarol or Alphosyl dandruff shampoos for
fungal infections. Both are available here in the Uk at pharmacies.
Sorry I don't know an Americam equivalent. Does any other slave have
any ideas?

For all those slaves who are nursing pigs after teeth trimming. Don't
give up. I often wished I could get my hands on the canned pumkin
American digesters spoke of to hand feed my ill pigs. I discovered that
jars of pureed vegetables and fruit for babies worked very well. We
also supplemented this with " Complan ". This comes in powdered form.
It makes a milky drink to help convalescing elderly or sick people. We
even use ths to handfeed orphans or abandoned babies.

Dwanda, good to see your name on the digest again. How are all your
babies?

Best Wishes,

Antoinette and The Magic 60.