[Gpdd] HEALTH Spikey

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Tue Sep 26 07:02:15 EDT 2006

Carole. Is the smell fruity or like alcohol? If so, little Spikey's body might be producing ketones.
Ketosis is the body's response to starvation when the energy needed is taken from the body fats. This is all too technical for an email so if you Google "ketosis" there is info on the NHS Direct site amongst others.

I experienced this with a piggy that I was syringe feeding some years ago. She was seriously ill
and sadly didn't make it. My vet at the time didn't know anything about it and I had to research it myself.

This may not be anything to do with Spikey's condition but it is something else to know about.

Hope that someone else may be able to offer more info.

Hang on in there Spikey.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.