[Gpdd] fungal infection/nose

Mary Alice Heath maryscarlett at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 26 17:02:53 EDT 2006

I used otc fungal cream , miconazole, generic brand when my Skippy had a fungal infection on his nose. It cleared it right up. I was wary of nizoral because in humans when you take it orally the doctors check liver functions frequently because it can cause liver failure. I was so upset when that spot came up because I thought I was being a bad slave and I keep my babies so clean. But he forgave me and loved all the extra attention from me, I kept him in quarantine. The doctor said to use the cream for 10 days after the lesion resolves for a total cure. I wanted to send condolences to everyone who has lost their precious ones. My piggies lost their kitty housemate, Gregory yesterday.But he will be waiting for us. I know he can hear wheeking at the bridge, every morning he helped with the big pig breakfast and  felt like he was in charge. He will be missed.

  Mary Alice ,slave to THE  17 pigs      3 cats

Love a Guinea Pig!