[Gpdd] [Care] Hairless guinea pigs

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 18:00:24 EDT 2006

  There are two types of hairless guinea pigs.  There are the Baldwins and there are the Skinnies.  Skinnies have some hair on their head and around their feet while Baldwins are completely bald.  If you do a search on www.guinealyxn.info , it will give you a lot of info on both types.

  They were originally bred for the lab which got out of hand and ended up in the wrong hands.  Now they are around the US with people breeding them trying to make loads of money.  I knew this one person that sold her female skinny or baldwin (can't remember) for $115 which is absurd.  These kinds of pigs have lots of problems with their immune system, skin cancer, etc.

  If you plan on getting one, be prepared for the vet visits and please adopt one in need.  These pigs are rarely trouble-free.  Unfortunately, the breeders whom are breeding and the lab people should be ashamed of themselves.  These pigs are the ones that have to pay with their life.

  To all who has lost a pig recently, please accept my condolences.  I have not been around lately and am still way behind on my digest readings.

  Wheeeks to all,
  Lisa and the Guinea Girls
  Forever in my Heart, Cupcake, Flint, Silverado and one of the guinea girls, Hazelnut

    "If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it!"

  The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"

  http://www.cavylover74.blinkz.com/
  360.yahoo.com/cavylover74