[Gpdd] [Health] Charlotte's Lumps

Evelyn Baker ebak at ca.inter.net
Wed Sep 27 22:47:55 EDT 2006

I have had a few guinea pigs with lumps and cysts. I had a guinea
pig, if some of you remember, Emily. She had lumps in her mammary
tissue which were probably just fatty tissue which is common.
However, later in life she developed enlarged kidneys that were
cystic. Although, it worried me and the vet, she remained in good
health all her life and lived to 5 2/3 years old. I had a kidney
function test done at one point, and the vet was amazed that they
functioned normally. Although she was lumpy she lived life to the
fullest and never knew there was anything wrong with her.

So treat your guinea pig as very special and spoil her and watch her.
If she's eating and happy she isn't in pain or suffering.