[Gpdd] Hi just joined

Melissa Henry melsrhenry at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 22:54:41 EDT 2007

Hello I just joined and wanted to say HI. I live in the Panhandle of FL and am looking for a breeder to get a few guinea pigs from.

  I would like a variety. I had a long haired I guess it was a silkie years ago but we got transfered overseas and I had to give her away as she couldn't come with.
   I really enjoyed taking care of her. I kept her nails and hair clipped and she was really calm and sweet like to sit with me. She got occassional baths too and she was really good.

  I have done research on them since but didn't get any since we were still moving around. Now we should stay put for sometime so am looking to get a few now.

  I am thinking at least two instead of just one. Maybe more depends on cage size etc.
  I actually really like that Martin two story cage as I think it gives more room but not sure I want to pay that much and not sure how much they will like the ramp in it so am trying to debate that right now.
  But I have to find a breeder around me so that I can get some nice babies from them.

  I have several books I have gotten over the years and plan to read up and refresh my memory on them.

  Anyway I just wanted to say HI and I would appreciate any help you all can give me with breeders.
  Fl, Al and GA as some parts of Al and GA are closer to us than parts of FL are.

  Also if you all know of any magazines, newsletters, groups, lists ,forums you all could recommend I would appreciate it.
  Oh also websites.

  I'd love to hear any info you all have about housing , feeding etc.
  I need a very secure cage as I have 5 cats and I want to make sure there is never any accidents that happen .

  Anyway good night for now
  Hope you all have a Wonderful weekend
  mel
  Ps I am sure I will be around with lots of questions so see you all then