[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Duke is Home

Glynis Robson Glynis at garnay.com.au
Tue Apr 10 01:53:43 EDT 2007

He went to the vets this morning and i bought him home just awhile ago,
i'm back at work but Dee is on 'watch'.  And he didn't have to have an
aneasthetic so that's a huge plus for him, they cleaned it out and
trimmed around the area, he did voice his opinion but they said he was a
very brave little boy and immediately started eating and didn't stop
eating as soon as they put him in his holding pen waiting for me to come
and collect him.  I have to flush out twice a day with a medication
(sorry meds at home don't remember the name) and go back on Monday for a
post op visit.
Sunday his abscess popped so i bathed it in warm salty water and kept an
eye on him he was fine.  Yesterday he knocked out the abscess plug,
EWWWW, i immediately changed his bedding to towels only and only a
handful of hay for munching on.  Much to his digust.  I had a panick
attack but calmed down and spoke to the emergency vets and they said not
to worry unless blood or oozing etc... he was a champion no problems
what so ever, ate like a little guts.   LOL he's been eating so much he
weighed in at 750 grams this morning, i'm sure that will go down for a
bit cause of the vet visit but i'm soooo proud of him :o)
Thanks for all the lovely kind words from you all, much appreciated.

Glynis and Duke (in mem Sully)