[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge BELLA

A GREIG greig164 at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 12 15:33:19 EDT 2007

I am very sad to announce that Bella passed away
tonight.  She had to be helped over the Bridge but she
had such spirit right to the end.  She could not eat
solid food because her teeth started causing her
problems and she was not strong enough for an
anaesthetic.  She tried to eat vegetables bur couldn't
really mangage and she refused soft food and didn't
like being syringe fed although I tried to give her as
much as I could.  She was still keen on her water
which I think kept her going so long at the end.
 I wrote this for her a few days before she died.

Bella is not well.  She is old and frail but still has
a strong spirit.
Her body is bowed and her legs are spindly.  Her coat
is a little grey.

She remembers her life.  She came from Cove.  She was
on her own and then shared her life with another
friend who died and then she came to us.

When she came from Cove she was strong and white.  She
was so big.  She was frightened at first put too soon
into a cage with an aggressive little guinea pig she
fought back.  Later on she decided she would live with
Maya and was a patient and tolerant friend to her.

When Maya passed on she was alone for a short while.
She looked fine.   She was quiet and self possessed
then came two small bundles of fur suddenly put beside
her and she was so happy and motherly.  She loved
them.  They loved her.

Dear Bella you are a lovely lady.  You must rest and
be at peace.  Cover yourself with hay and straw and
dream happy dreams........