[Gpdd] Rainbow bridge--thanks

Judith Lytel jlytel at comcast.net
Sun Apr 15 15:24:12 EDT 2007

I want to thank everyone who sent condolences on MeMe's passing at only
7 months a few weeks back. It was a real shock to us, and though we
know these things sometimes just happen, we wish we could know why. Her
sister, Phoebe, seemed a bit shell-shocked for a day or two, less
active and looking kind of lost...we did leave MeMe in her cage in her
cuddle cup for a couple hours so Phoebe could say goodbye...Now that
the ground here is no longer frozen, we can have a proper burial, and
plant flowers for MeMe.

Our daughters wanted to adopt another guinea pig right away, but we
insisted on at least a brief period of mourning/adjusting for everyone,
as it just didn't seem right to replace MeMe so quickly. However, as it
happened our neighbor, who raises guinea pigs on her farm (and had
given us Meme and Phoebe), had just one baby not yet spoken for, so a
week later we adopted Pumpkin. She's quite adorable, with tawny fur and
a pumpkin-colored nose ( we love that this is much like Meme's nose,
though she was much darker overall). After a brief adjustment period,
Phoebe has accepted Pumpkin (who only wanted to cuddle anyway!) into
her home, and we are all happily settled again.

It's not only the GPs who need companionship...;-))

Judith