[Gpdd] Health

Judith Lytel jlytel at comcast.net
Sun Apr 15 15:30:12 EDT 2007

A question for the group: our new baby, Pumpkin, seems to have somewhat
softer/stickier poos today, and my daughters said they saw a small
amount of blood on the cloth they held her on earlier, though I have
not seen this myself. My girls wondered if "Pumpkin might be having her
period", and it occurred to me that I have no idea about this!

For the possibly incipient diarrhea, we're only giving pellets and hay
in the cage, while Phoebe gets her greens out of the cage--easy, as she
loves eating while on a human's lap! But what else should we be
considering?...today being Sunday, and tomorrow a holiday in
Massachusetts, we would have to seek out an emergency vet, who is much
further than our local guy, very GP-friendly...and Pumpkin *seems* okay
otherwise...

Thanks for any advice.

Judith, Phoebe & Pumpkin