[Gpdd] HEALTH Sir Teddy's mites

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Apr 16 15:11:08 EDT 2007

Mites lay their eggs under the guinea pig's skin, where they can remain dormant for up to 21 months. So it can seem as if they have come out of nowhere.

I hope you have taken Joan's advice and bought some Ivermectin to treat Teddy as a mite infestation is very serious.

Any new piggies brought here to Piggyfriends are always treated with Ivomec ( Ivermectin ) straight away and every pig has a dose every three months as a preventative. I keep a record of when they are treated and two of my boys, Cadbury and Bramley are due for their next dose tomorrow.

Penny.