[Gpdd] DIET/HEALTH: grass and clover

Judith Lytel jlytel at comcast.net
Mon Apr 23 12:18:16 EDT 2007

Spring has finally come to New England, and the gardening is great! We
are hoping to plant a large patch of grass and clover in our yard for
Phoebe and Pumpkin to enjoy, but are mindful of the issues raised on
this list. How have others provided fresh grass and other greens while
avoiding random bird droppings, local wandering cats and dogs' leavings
<Grrrr> and other dangers?

We've thought of fencing in a small area to plant in for the piggies,
but this still leaves an open top...maybe covering it with landscaping
mat (that black stuff you see put down to minimize weeds in gardens)?

Thanks for any & all suggestions...we're eager to get those piggies
safely outdoors and on the grass!
Judith