[Gpdd] [Care] Bedding

Kim Kyle kkyle1018 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 13:24:44 EDT 2007

Fellow Slaves, I could use some input on what you use for bedding material.

  I put down a layer of towels, layer of doggie pee pads, another layer of towels, and I had been using shredded newspaper on top, which worked very well, until my shredder broke.  I like to have something absorbent on top of the towels so the boys are not lying on top of wet towels.

  I've tried sprinkling Carefresh, and it seems to work OK, but is costly since I change the cage daily.  I feel shavings are too hard and have sharp edges.  Any other ideas?

  Thanks for your ideas,

  Kim with Hershey and Stuart (actually Stu is at ThunderBears training camp right now.  I've been waiting to hear from him, but they must be keeping him very busy, as I have not heard from him since he phoned to let me know he arrived safely Saturday).