[Gpdd] [GPDD] Misc: The rest of the story...

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 16:28:04 EDT 2007

Does anyone remember the fuss a few years ago
  about a cavy breeder in Colorado, who had died
  and hundreds of animals were found in various
  degrees of poor condition? Everyone, including me,
  jumped on the bandwagon to condemn this man
  for his deplorable treatment of the animals. His
  friends and volunteers were removing them as
  fast as they could, rehoming as many as possible.
  Then when I heard he'd been ill, I began to wonder,
  maybe he'd suddenly been taken ill and hospitalized,
  unable to do anything for the animals.
  Well, as it turned out, that was exactly what had
  happened. In fact, I have since learned much more
  about this man, David Hardesty, who was a cavy
  judge and not only raised some very fine animals,
  that he cared very much about, but he also went
  to great lengths to help others to learn about them.
  Much like we try to do here.  Anyway, I just learned
  that his website is still being maintained, by some
  loyal friends who understood what he was about
  (remind you of anyone?).
  Here's the link to the website - check it out, then
  make up your mind about him.
  http://www.netherworld.com/~cowboy/index.html

  Susi & the Okie Piggies