[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Rodney's Breathing Problems

Hala Annette annettehala at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 19:20:26 EDT 2007

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. We are remodeling our house and things are crazy. Add to that my computer breaking down. Rodney has continued to have breathing problems since taking him to the vet 5 weeks ago. It seems to be getting worse. His side heaves when he breaths. On Tuesday night he started snoring in his cage. It was so loud we could hear it over American Idol. We decided to take him to the vet yesterday. The vet said he doesn't seem to have an infection, so now we are giving him baby Benydril in his water bottle. She said there isn't anything in his lungs and his heart sound fine too. The sound is coming from his nose. She said that if the Benydril doesn't help we can do antibiotics, and if that doesn't help the only other thin is to take an x-ray. He has gained weight since the last vet visit. She felt all over him to see if he had a tumor of any kind that was growing. It makes sense to me that he has gained weight because he eats a lot more pellets
 than he used to and he is constantly hungry for vegetables. Despite the breathing problems he is still his usual self. He eats, sleeps, drinks, poops, and plays like his usual energetic self.

  Here are some new videos of Rodney.
  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3101270391694020064

  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1730160502887604428&hl=en