[Gpdd] health - how long after spraying are new leaves affected?

Suzy Dunser suzy at dunser.com
Sat Apr 28 02:41:24 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your good advice so far... I think I'm going to just be
asking questions for the awhile!!! Here's the next one:

We have a lot of dandelions growing in our lawn, and therefore we
also have dandelions coming up through the gravel path through the
lawn. Before we got the rabbits and guinea pigs, Tom used to spray
the path (not the lawn) to keep the weeds out, but since we got the
bunnies a year ago, we haven't sprayed any chemicals anywhere. At the
moment I'm only picking dandelions well away from the path to feed to
the animals, and it's frustrating to weed juicy dandelions out of the
path and have to throw them in the garden bag! But I don't trust the
ones growing where the spray was. So - can anyone tell me for what
period of time after spray has been used, the leaves of new plants
coming up will be contaminated?

Thanks,
Suzy and the leaf eaters (Cocoa and Rocky, plus the buns, Tommy and
Mimi)

p.s. I will put some photos of the new cage on our neglected website
as soon as I can get Tom to show me how... (-: