[Gpdd] HEALTH Spraying dandelions.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Apr 28 17:51:29 EDT 2007

Hello again Suzy.

Not only piggy advice but gardening hints too!  When not looking after the Piggyfriends, I am a gardener and no product that I could use in England would persist in the soil for a year and still enable new dandelions to grow. There are herbicides that, in effect, render the soil sterile so that nothing will grow.

Whether you have any herbicides in New Zealand that would cause a problem, I am afraid that I don't know. Do you still have the container that the spray came in as that may have some useful information printed on it?

It seems such a shame to throw away potential piggy goodies, especially juicy dandelions.

My instinct would be to say that those dandies would be OK to use but see if you can find out the name of the product first and we can do a bit of research as the laws regarding garden chemicals are bound to be different in our two countries.

Penny and the Piggyfriends