[Gpdd] CARE: Wha's the deal w/Calcium & Pigs Drinking less

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 15:21:54 EDT 2007

Hi Nicholle.  I also think we've seen a few more pigs with calcium problems lately here.  I don't know what the answer is either unless they are carrying the satin gene or just getting older.  Satins very often have bone problems.

  You did no the right thing switching your babies to timothy.  I would think of risk of stones would far outweigh the risk of calcium problems.

  Drinking water-are the veggies you're giving the fur babies wetter than it used to be.  For me that really is a strange question I'd love to know the answer to as well.  Lady Bug stopped drinking any water from a bottle/dish after her 4th birthday.  Doesn't matter what I do or don't put in it, she won't touch it.

  Personally I think all our little ones have monthly meetings to see what they can do to us the next time and drive us nuts!  Just kidding, sort of.

  Joan, slave to The Lady Bug who is always hatching up something.