[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] <Finally a LAPS member in the Piggles!!>

Liz Kennedy liz_kennedy at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 1 18:47:49 EDT 2007

Well, I'm a terrible piggy mom.

I weigh my girls every other week, and just noticed TODAY that, although
this has been the case for close to 3 months now, Baisil is officially
eligible for LAPS member status!
She weighs in at a B&B (big and beautiful) 3lbs 5ozs!

My vet thinks she is "overweight", but I think he's crazy.  She's extremely
active and very healthy!  I just think this is how she was meant to be, so
there will be no talk of diets in the Piggles group.

BTW, my nephew is obsessed with the kid's show The Wiggles, and so he
started calling my piglets The Piggles a couple weeks ago, and I love it!
I've been trying to think of a cute family/group name for them... turns out
my 3 year old nephew is much more creative that I am!

And on another side note, Myrtle wanted to suggest that the GPDD open a
beauty school.  I gave her a haircut last week, and she is extremely
embarassed and disappointed in how poor a job I did.  Her haircut is
fantastic functionally (she's a silkie so I like to keep it really short in
the summer), but unfortunately, I have to agree that it is not very
attractive.  Sigh.  I told her I'd get to work on her beauty school
suggestion asap.  Any slaves out there getting dirty looks after haircuts
that might need some schooling?

Sending warm hugs and wheeks to all of my GPDD family-
Liz and the Piggles (Baisil, Dot, Myrtle and Phoebe)