[Gpdd] Misc: The Uineas

New Dominant II me at buddies.org
Sat Aug 4 00:09:48 EDT 2007

I've never had a guinea pig who lost most of their front teeth, just one who
had broken a front bottom tooth.  However, if you can, i.e. the piggie likes
it, you could try feeding pellets by taking one or two and placing it in the
back of her mouth.  You need to bypass the front teeth and the front part of
her mouth or she will spit it out.  That way she's grinding hard pellets
with her molars.  Also, you may be able to get more nutrition into her body
and get her to gain some weight if she likes it.  I did this with one pig
last year very successfully as she really wanted to eat the pellets but just
couldn't get them back to her molars.  I've also done it with a few
short-term for just a few days until they felt better and didn't need it.
I'm convinced it sped up their recovery as they continued getting
nourishment when they weren't feeling like eating much.