[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] another piggie rescued

Lori H. mopar28m at msn.com
Wed Aug 8 22:52:52 EDT 2007

Hello to digesters,

Healing wheeks to all the sick piggies out there & condolences to those who have lost a fur baby recently.  I am really behind on my digests.  I hope to get caught up one of these days.

Well, I did it again.  I rescued a piggie.  This one DESPERATELY needed to be rescued.  This HUGE male boar was living in deplorable conditions.  He was being kept in a small windowless laundry room with only a 4w nightlight for light.  When I cleaned out his pen, the bedding was so old that there was a thick layer of mold on the bottom of the pen.  I put the pen to soak in the tub & put him in the critter playpen to eat grass outside with my other piggies.  He didn't know what grass was!!!

The guy told me he only had this guy 3 or 4 weeks.  I don't think he would have survived another week there.  I instantly broke out in a sweat when I stepped into the laundry room where this 3 lb. boar was being kept.  His name is Fat Boy & the name really suits him well since he is so HUGE!!!

Now, I need to pick the minds of the digesters.  His backend (behind his hind legs) is all matted.  I imagine from his filthy conditions of his pen.  Should I try to wash out the mats or shave his back end?  His fur is not extensively long or short.  Kinda in between.  I'm leaning to shaving the fur off & see how things progress as it grows back in.

Thanks a bunch in advance!!!

Lori