[Gpdd] Silly: Little Bear's Big Adventure

Mary Fran McCluskey faststats at faststatschecks.com
Thu Aug 9 00:13:00 EDT 2007

Hello Everyone and Everypig,

Little Bear would like me to tell you about her BIG ADVENTURE that she had this week at Clearlake. We drove up last Thursday ... a hot day and the girls were getting pretty soggy in the car, especially Cookie. Only a 2-1/2 hour drive but somehow we made it in four this time. So wheee were all glad to get up to our cabin at the lake, where the girls spent some time in their little swimming pool cooling down and getting a little more space.
Mary Fran Slave then put the girls' cage in the middle of the great big lawn and sort of poured Little Bear onto the lawn, expecting the head to go down and stay there tilll every blade of grass was eaten. Heheheh. But No..... Little Bear took off on her Olympian running legs and was nowhere to be found. The yard is fenced and there was really nothing to do but put out some foodie traps and wait.....And wait... And ...
No sign of her all day Friday. One of the neighbors thought she heard wheeking though in the morning. Much Slave wheeking and hunting. Cookie stopped eating. She's been through this drill before when Little Bear spend a day hiding behind the stove. Moved her cage to an alleged pig-siting area. Held Cookie a lot and shoved food in between her front and back teeth.
Saturday this slave went around callling: "Wheeeeek! Wheek, Wheek, Wheek," and heard it back like an echo. Again I called, again the little piggie replied from somewhere. But no sign of her.
When Tom & I got home that night, a note on the door: "Little Bear is Back!!!" She had come running out of the ivy and two of my pet-loving neighbors scooped her up and put her in the cage. And that was the end of Little Bear's Big Adventure. Our piggy had come home, Jiggety, Jig.
To be sure she's a little clingy and staying in the cage more than she needs to. Pigs run free here at Clearlake. They have a big 6x4 foot chicken wire travelin' cage with their cage plunked in the middle and tubes and pigloos and stuff to play with. They are stuffed and spending a lot of hammock time.
Love to all from the Lake,
--Mary Fran
with California Cookie and goofy Little Bear
at Clearlake, CA