[Gpdd] announcement--A Funny Piggie Story

dganley at tampabay.rr.com dganley at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Aug 10 00:14:41 EDT 2007

Potter cracked me up last night--keep in mind she's probably 6 1/2 years old (we adopted her 5 1/2 years ago, so it's anyone's guess as to her age.  I wish I had her energy, we have boxes lined up behind the 2 houses that they love to run thru--my 3 girls are free-range--Potter is the most active--she's the Energizer Bunny of pigs! )   I'm a very time-sensitive slave, they let me know when  they expect their afternoon salads, & when I should get off up my butt from the sofa & scoop out their houses.  Keeping in mind my time-issues, I have to give them their Vitakraft treats at 6pm or so--one yogurt drop & one orange drop--heaven help me if I forget one drop--I could be on Fear Factor, I have little feet all over mine!  Then I have to go get the parsley or romaine--the girls know where to go, onto the towel in the play area.  This keeps them out of my way while I'm scooping the wet bedding out of their houses & replacing it with dry bedding--but not always!  Potter usually eats some romaine, then runs back in the big house (2x4 C&C, as opposed to her apartment--2x3) to eat some hay.  Last night, I was late in filling their TP tubes with hay & she gave me one of her black looks, like "what have you been doing??"--I told her to go eat some more romaine & come back later--& she did!  Ran back to the play area, ate some more romaine--came back about 5 minutes later, looking at me like, "so, where is it?"  Luckily, I had refilled the TP tubes by then!   These little guys are too smart--I swear they understand everything we say!

Emma knows her name--Miss Emma, Pretty Girl, she pokes her head up when she hears it & shows us her very pretty little mouth--Molly does also, even tho she has many names (fuzz-bucket, Momma Molly, etc)--they're just incredibly smart & no one outside of our world gives them credit for it!  We're just all incredibly blessed to have piggies.     Deb, Potter, Molly & Emma