[Gpdd] [MISC] Debutante Ball

Glynis Robson Glynis at garnay.com.au
Sun Aug 12 22:15:16 EDT 2007

Have to say i'm sorry i've not been on as much lately.... we've just had
Dee's debutante ball this weekend passed.
WHEW have i been busy... as we've had a drought here in OZ i've lost a
good part of the garden, it just couldn't cope with no rain and very
little watering.  We're only allowed to use tank or recycled water for
our gardens, luckily we have a tank but it was getting mighty low over
summer so we sacrificed the garden and lawn.  It's sad as it was a huge
amount of money and time, but felt guilty if we used what tank water we
had just for our garden.
So a new garden had to be created, i was lucky that i had a basis left
so then planted hopefully drought tolerant grasses and for quick colour
pansies in the purple, lilac and pink tones which was the colour of the
girls bouquet.
We had 5 couples come to our place to dress and have photos taken, and
of course the stretch limo come.  It was a very hectic time but great
fun, they all looked beautiful and handsome. We had a wonderful night
and i'm hoping if i can work out how to do piccies from our home puter
i'll send some to the lovely Janneke and ask her to do a link for me.
(thanks Janneke xxxxxx)
So that's why i've been busy.
and the lovely Duke has been wonderful, he was sooo patient on saturday,
being fed at crazy times then being left for many many hours, but i left
him with 3 trays of food.  I started training him about a week ago with
another tray added to his home, which he has gleefully adapted to, my
clever little man.
Sorry for the longer than normal post, but wanted to explain and to
share with you all.

Glynis and Duke (in mem Sully)