[Gpdd] Announcements: Happy Birthday

family.duffy at virgin.net family.duffy at virgin.net
Mon Aug 13 14:10:11 EDT 2007

I would like to wish Noodle And Truffle a very happy 1st birthday on August 17th. I had chosen Orinoco, one of Peter Gurney's piggies, from a rescue last summer and on August 17th last year I went outside with a comb to groom her long hair, opened the hutch door and came face to face with a crowd of baby piggies! I was so shocked, I closed the hutch door, went back into the house and stared into space for while, wondering if I had been seeing things! I hadn't had Orinoco for long enough to know her normal shape, and her long hair covered it anyway. On closer inspection, there were five babies, but sadly only two of them were females. After a few weeks I had to return the three males to the rescue, as I couldn't really justify building three more pens. It broke my heart - ME, parting with guinea pigs? I often think about them and hope they found good homes. I still think of Noodle and Truffle as being tiny babies, but I will weigh them soon because they might now be LAPS members, like their mother. You can see a photo of each of them at www.squeakers17.blinkz.com and clicking under "What's New". Those of you who have visited the site before will notice that it is not "new" but I will update the site soon. I am on holiday in Dublin, Ireland at the moment, and my herds are being expertly cared for by the elderly, deputy slave!
Stefanie and The Surrey Squeakers.