[Gpdd] Rescue: Missing the critters

leah.mcneil at wachovia.com leah.mcneil at wachovia.com
Mon Aug 13 15:35:24 EDT 2007

Hello Slaves,
Last wheeeekend I wasn't able to get to
the shelter. But, I did visit with them the
wheekend before. First, I trained with a
lady named Linda on dog retrieval and
excercising. I was actually really surprised
with myself. Cuz I thought there was no way
I could get these leashes over the doggies'
heads. But, after a while I kind of got the
hang of it.

Well, after I was done with the doggie
training, I spent some time in the Exotics
Room. Earlier I saw a couple of the shelter
staff people cleaning up all of the cages.
But, when I visited with them later, I noticed
that several of the water bottles were low.
So, I refilled them and gave everyone
extra timothy hay. I brought some hay in
for them. And I have more to bring in next
time.

I brought a playpen and let the 2 boy piggies
run in it first. But, they were a little scared, so
they just huddled together and stared at me.
So, I gave some cuddles and put them back.
Then, I let the little girl piggie run in the playpen.
And she started running around and Wheeeeking
and going nuts. I think she was a little scared
too, so I held her for a while.

A family came in and a little boy told me that
he was going to get a guinea put when he
turned 12 years old. Aaaaaaaah...that was
music to my ears. :-)  The boy was about 7 or
8 yrs old, and he was a sweetie. He wanted
to pet the baby bunny, so I got the little bunny
and held him while the little boy pet him.

This wheekend, I'll be back at the shelter
for more adventure. I think I'm going to be
training at the front desk and then doing my
exotic duties later.

Special Prayers for all the grieving piggies
and slaves and also the ones who aren't feeling
so good.

     Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeps,
        Leah...Former Slave to Brownie Bear
                        & Mr. Personality :-)