[Gpdd] [health] holistic vets

francesmckenna at cox.net francesmckenna at cox.net
Mon Aug 13 22:16:58 EDT 2007

   I have been looking for a vet that is near me and trustworthy, and I found an office that practices holistic (sp?) vet care.  They are right beside my favorite pet store, but I did not notice them until recently because the store has two entrances and I usually use the one that has a dog/cat grooming place next to it.  Luckily, Scratch hasnt gotten sick yet, so this is the best time to "interview" the local vets:-)  There is on vets that is recommended by other vets, and the pet store said they are well known for taking care of small animals such as the GP.  But they also said the one next door may be able to.  The only thing is that, while the guy is a DVM, he only practices accupuncture and herbalistic treatments.  Do you think these would suffice for appropriate treatments in some instances?  The receptionist said that the vet has experience with small animals, citing the rabbit that was being treated in another room at the time we were there.  Would it be smarter/ better for me to perhaps take him to both depending on the illness?  I know i definitely would not take him for accupuncture. I wouldn't take myself in for that, so I won't make him do it. lol. Thank you in advance for your advice:-)
---Frankie & Scratch