[Gpdd] [Announcement] <Construction on The Piggles mansion is complete!>

Liz Kennedy liz_kennedy at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 15 13:14:18 EDT 2007

Well, I'm moving into the new place this week, and last night was "pet
moving night".

My fingers are killing me from putting together the C&C (I used the
connectors but double enforced with zip ties, which didn't make the cage as
solid as I would've liked, but hopefully it'll get the job done), but it was
a success!

I now have the 4 Piggles girls in a 2x8, and I'm pretty sure they have no
idea what to do with all of that room.  :)

I added a mini second level to my previous cage before the move to see how
the girls would react, but unfortunately it did not go well.  Though Baisil
and Dot seemed to enjoy it, Myrtle and Phoebe took it as a chance to regress
to their previous overly-skittish ways (the same reason I cannot utilize
pigloos).  What a bummer, because I really wanted to build the girls an
obnoxiously huge cage, but a 2x8 is all I can fit on the "pig wall" of the
second bedroom and still be able to store my hay bins on the side of the
cage.  I'm pretty disappointed.

Hmph!

Either way, a 2x8 for 4 girls is still a good amount of room, especially
since they have playtime in their pack-n-play everyday while I do chores and
cage cleanup.  And I'm hoping that, since I only had to clean the girls cage
every 7-8 days before, they might last 2 weeks+ in this new cage.

Pictures are on their way this weekend (when I'm completely done moving,
which is going to be a relief since I am moving in obnoxiously and
abnormally hot weather for this time of the year in Colorado).

Wheeks to all-
Liz slave to the Piggles