[Gpdd] MISC- Molly

Jaime rzm.2 at juno.com
Fri Aug 17 18:57:54 EDT 2007

  Sorry it has taken me so long to write about Molly. I'm just tired & frustrated & don't really know where to start. She is home after a week in the hospital. They kept her on the Baytril injections while she was in there & force fed her & took care of her & we visited every night. The person who does sonograms was out of town, so they could not get a sonogram until this past Tuesday. Well, they did the sonogram & nothing showed up on it. That is a good thing I guess, but doesn't explain what's going on. Dr. Hall said the Baytril may have cleared up any abscess that was there, since she was on it over a week before the sonogram & a high dose too. He said the eye may be bulging out because of scar tissue behind it, from the wounds she had when we got her. She still just barely picks at her hay & pellets & feels like she is wasting away. Her last dose of Baytril was Wednesday morning & he said her appetite may get better as the Baytril gets out of her system. That was over 48 hours ago & her pee is still pinkish from the Baytril & she still doesn't have much of an appetite. She is down to 2lbs.1oz. Does anyone know how long it takes for the Baytril to get out of her system? Every time she takes antibiotics, her pee turns pinkish. Does anyone elses piggie do that? He has thoroughly checked her teeth & mouth several times & cannot find anything wrong with them.
Her teeth look good & he doesn't see any ulcers or sores in her mouth. He said the last thing he can think to do is to try and do a blood culture, but since her neck is too thick to draw blood from, he said he would have to anesthetize her to draw the blood. He said that is like a last resort. He wants me to call his voice mail & check in everyday, so I have been doing that. We are just totally stumped & I'm afraid I'm going to lose her. Sorry I don't have better news, that just seems to be the way it goes for us lately. I'll let you know if anything new happens.

~Jaime, Molly,& Grumpy Carl~
~Radar & Albert always in our hearts~
 http://www.piggiepages1.blinkz.com/