[Gpdd] MISC - Molly

DFHAKES at aol.com DFHAKES at aol.com
Sat Aug 18 21:12:30 EDT 2007

Jaime,

Sounds like you're doing absolutely everything you can do and sounds like
you have a good vet to rely on.  It's extremely frustrating because it  seems so
simple - Molly just needs to eat!

Do you have a good scale you can use to weigh her on a daily basis?  I  use
the Salter scale from Williams-Sonoma.  It's expensive but I use it to  weigh
my food.  I would start weighing her in grams vs. ounces.

Offer small meals of tempting items cut into little pieces.  Try  oatmeal and
if the vet approves, Ensure vanilla to get some calories into  her.  You'll
probably have to syringe that.

I recommend some Mint Milano cookies for you.  There is nothing more
stressful than to have a sick kid who can't tell you what's wrong.  Take it  easy on
yourself and rest while you can.

The girls and I are sending healing weeks to Molly.

Regards,

Dana Felice
Chapter Manager
Tampa Bay  House Rabbit Society