[Gpdd] Health: Celery??

Kirsten McKnight kirsten.mcknight at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 12:21:36 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I'm in the process of catching up with my digests - a lot as I was away from
technology for a week.

I want to first say I'm so sorry for all those who have lost piggies
recently. I still am missing my Widget so just wanted to express my sympathy
for all those feeling the same.

I have a question - I noticed Birdie said she sometimes gives celery as a
treat. Obviously it hasn't caused her little ones any issues, but I read
somewhere that celery was on the prohibited list for piggies because of the
long strands causing digestive problems. Which I guess doesn't really make
sense as they need the long strands of hay for good digestion. Could someone
clarify for me whether or not it is alright to feed celery???

thanks
hugs to all slaves and piggies
Kirsten and the Critter crew