[Gpdd] RESCUE: 180 pigs need homes in

DFHAKES at aol.com DFHAKES at aol.com
Tue Aug 21 13:09:40 EDT 2007

The Port St. Lucie Florida Humane Society got a call from a woman who needs
help finding homes 180 guinea pigs.  Port St. Lucie is on the  east coast of
Florida, opposite Sarasota on the west coast.

The shelter is not equipped to handle guinea pigs.  I suggested that  they
call the shelter in Lawrence, KS to understand how to handle a  large rescue but
they don't want to get that involved.

I'm trying to think of ideas, ranging from calling large shelters in  the
Southeast to see if they would take a few piggies, to calling  Petsmart to see if
they would take the guinea pigs and adopt them out  through their stores.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Dana Felice
Chapter Manager