[Gpdd] [HEALTH]<Yaya back from the vets>

Janneke Staaks jannekestaaks at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 06:01:42 EDT 2007

Hi All,
First of all thank you guys for you kind reactions. I really appreciate it! (earlick for duke from yaya and a piggykiss for Satin)

The first thing the vet said, is that yaya looks really good. Way better than a year ago, she has gained a lot of wheight, fur looks good (not around her bottom obviously) eyes are shiny and she is quite muscular and strong Poo looks good and belly feels excellent. I know that, that's why i hesitated to go to the vet in the first place.
To exclude bladderstones and to see how her OD is progressing we made an x-ray. There were no stones or sludge visible. But her OD has progressed. Her thighbones are affected and her spine wasn't as white as it ought to be on the x-rayphoto. Well, i expected that, i do not really like it but i knew it from the start when i got her, so i'm not that upset.

But the progressed OD is not an explanation for the wet bum. I handed in a urine sample and i got the results today. There are really a lot of bacteria in her urine so the vet want me to start antibiotics. I'm a bit hesistant about this. Yaya always gets diarrhoea when she gets antibiotics. I don't know if she has a bladderinfection but if that is the case i want to try peter gurneys barley stuff first (and syringe cranberry juice and extra water).
Since i only talked to the assistent, i'm calling the vet today in the afternoon when she has time to discuss this with her. Al least, i have to know if its a bladder infection. Because i don't want her to be in pain while i'm treating her for something she doesn't have.

@Joan, yaya does not have artritis, but OD's symptoms are very similar and if she appears to be in pain, a painkiller like metacam is a good option (or whatever the dutch equivalent is). I'm doubting myself a little in how much i'm able to judge in how much pain she is. After all, she has an infection right now but i cannot really tell from her behavior. She really appears to be happy and healthy, eating well and very active.

Okay, I have to go!
Thanx again!
Janneke and Yaya