[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE Tinsel Piggyfriend

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Aug 22 09:14:40 EDT 2007

I am very sad to tell you all that one of the Piggyfriends, Tinsel, has left for the Rainbow Bridge.

She was the last survivor of a litter of 5 that came here at Christmas 2002. They were the result of someone's boar jumping over what had seemed an adequate fence into a cage containing his owner's granddaughter's sow when she was visiting. The resulting 5 babes all looked alike, pretty little golden agouti Abbies. Three sisters, Tinsel, Angel and Mistletoe and their brothers, Maple and Mulberry.

They all had the sweetest nature but were sadly plagued with health problems. Something genetic no doubt. I lost Angel, Mistletoe and Maple early last year, all with heart conditions whilst Mulberry had terrible gastric problems, which he would overcome just to be struck down again, the last time fatally.

I was so hoping that Tinsel had escaped the curse but yesterday morning she didn't want to eat and sat in a corner. I had been worried about her when she lost her dear friend Guinness last month but she seemed to cheer up when the new babes, Lilac and Lavender were put into her group and they followed her around.

I rushed her to our Rodentologists who confirmed my fears - that the heart problem had come to her too. They administered diuretics and gave me meds to bring home. During the afternoon, she perked up a little and ate some veggie but deteriorated during the evening. I sat up with her and cuddled her. I told her that it was alright to go and she left peacefully exactly at midnight.

We are all very sad here at Piggyfriends, having lost Guinness only last month and Truffle in June. Many of the Piggyfriends are getting on in years.

I have buried Tinsel next to Guinness in the herb garden as her siblings' graves have been surrounded by other Piggyfriends.

I love you Tinsel - reunited with your family, Guinness and other friends at the Rainbow Bridge. R.I.P. little one.

Our sympathy goes to everyone who has lost a dear piggy and our thoughts are with any sick piggies and their slaves.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.