[Gpdd] CARE: Sundai's shyness

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Wed Aug 22 13:56:40 EDT 2007

Sandi, when we first adopted Sunshine and Tumbleweed, they were very
nervous (they were among the Maryland rescue piggies) and would run and
hide whenever I entered their room.  What helped was that I started
"announcing myself."  It seemed to make them calmer to hear my voice and
know in advance that I was heading their way.  After a week or so, I no
longer had to do that.  I can now step across them or walk within an
inch of them when they're having floortime and it doesn't bother them at
all.

Hope this helps.

Cindy, Sunshine, Tumbleweed, and Friday