[Gpdd] care celery

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 19:06:55 EDT 2007

Hi Joanne!  Don't know which site you were on but the reference to GL diet and nutrition given today is a great one.

  Corn husks-in moderation.  Trust me-in moderation.  Since corn is a grass and GP's main diet is grass in one form or another I figured it was great for Lady Bug.  It is good for their teeth, no question but not so good on the tummy.  I was giving her the equivelent of an entire husk from an ear of corn every day.  She is a husk junkie and got to where she demanded it.  Well, she and I have just come off a program to reduce the amount of gas she had built up!  Not fun at all poor baby.  She even wound up on a med to improve her motility.

  If you give your babies 1-2 leaves every couple of days that should be fine.  The silk surprisingly is great for their teeth also - in moderation.  The silk is what the Bugster actually went for first.  Corn kernals are not so good.  They are very high in starch and sugars and can cause bloat.  I don't feed the kernals, just the exterior.  I know some people give them the empty cobs as well, but the Bugster doesn't like them so it's not a problem here.

  Oatmeal - I guess it's ok in VERY small amounts once in awhile.  Again, high in starch and sugars.

  Hope this helps.

  Joan, slave to The Lady Bug