[Gpdd] MISC: Kirchner Abuse Case

Willowstorm25 at aol.com Willowstorm25 at aol.com
Thu Aug 23 22:15:13 EDT 2007

<<There is really no justice in this world. I  really am beginning to think
all these things are God's way of telling me that  taking care of & trying to
help animals is just not what I'm supposed to  do>>

Jamie, please don't say that.  I read the verdict  of the Lancaster Cruelty
case, and I am just as sickened by it as you.  But  don't let the evil of
others distort your goodness and sway you in your mission  to make a positive
difference in this world.  The minute you do that, you  are giving them power over
you.

Let me tell you a story, as briefly as I possibly can  without boring you to
tears:  I was an unwanted child with a severe  learning disability.  I was
abused and deserted by my parents and  abhorred by my "community."  Everyone told
me I would amount to  nothing.  For a long time, I believed them.  I worked
right out  of high school because I had no choice.  Then one day. 4 years
later,  something inside me told me I had to go to college.  I didn't know why,
because I was an abysmal grade school student in every subject except language
arts.  I went anyway, and my first part-time semester there, I blew all of  my
professors away with my gift for writing.  3 semesters later, I was  inducted
into the International Honor Society and I was inducted into another  Honor
Society and won two Adacemic Acheievement Awards before I earned my  BA.  I
decided that because of the wonderful encouragement my teachers gave  to me, I
wanted to be a teacher.  My third semester in teachers' graduate  school, I
flunked out.  My host teacher believed I was a retard and that I  didn't deserve
to be a teacher. She made it a point to call every one of my  grad school
professors and tell them.  Even though I swore I never would, I  questioned myself,
my ability and my purpose, and fell into despair because of  it.  Then I
realized the nonsense in that, and realized how sick and  twisted the people were
who tried to thwart me.  Who were they to  determine my path?  I returned to
grad school next semester and repeated my  field experience.  My professors
respected my determination, and admitted  to me that they never believed what my
host teacher said about me.  I  finished with an A-.  I didn't graduate in the
top of the class, but I  graduated, and I now have a job I love, doing what I
had come to believe I was  meant to do: shape lives and make a difference.

If I had said to myself, "maybe this is God's way of  telling me I"m not cut
out for this," I'd still be throwing packages in that  warehouse I used to
work in just to have enough money for groceries.  And  I'd be hating myself every
minute of it.

So Jamie, just because you've encountered an obstacle,  doesn't mean you're
not on the right path.  Life puts hurdles in our way,  and I have found more
often than not that they are there for a reason.  I  know I am a stronger, more
compassionate person because of all the hurdles I've  had to leap over, and I
know you will be too.  Please don't give up your  passion to make a difference
to these animals, because remember, a difference to  even one is still a
difference.  The one who saves a single life is the one  who saves the world
entire.  I am certain your Molly would  agree with me.

Kirchner is a greedy, smug, power-hungry,  loveless sack of manure.  People
like him get theirs in in  the end.  It may not come in the at the point or in
the form we would  expect or prefer, but it will come.  Take comfort in that.
You'll  see.

I hope my words have some merit to you.  In any  event, I hope you have a
reflective next few days. Have a good night  :)

Nicholle, Slave to Ryvvir & Chuqui